Friday, October 31, 2014

what's in a word


But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.
2 Corinthians 12:9 (NIV)

I heard this verse the other day and there is one word that stuck out to me...sufficient. If you look up the word sufficient it means enough or adequate. This verse is about Gods grace not about there being a sufficient amount of food at the holiday table or a sufficient amount of money to cover this months bills, we are talking about grace...

The second part talks about boasting in our weaknesses so that Christ's power can rest on us, and not only boasting but being glad about it. When we take the good with the bad and are still able to point to Christ, we are giving him the glory.

God's grace is sufficient for us. We don't have to do anything to earn it, in all actuality we don't deserve it at all. It is a free gift from God, but it is all we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment